290/365: Oops… Return To Winter
So we’ve come full circle in this blog. Winter, spring, summer, fall… and back to winter again. Good times.
I had the barbeque going three or four days ago, and I was thinking to myself how it was getting kinda late in the year to not yet have snow on the ground. Granted, we did have a little, but it would only last a day, if that. I think it’s now safe to say the white stuff is here to stay.
Things to do:
- Cover bbq.
- Find ice scrapers for truck
- Get shovels out of shed
- Find boots, hats, scarves, gloves
- Find “Long Johns” (long underwear)
- Get cards and presents for nice people
- Give evil eye to bad people
- Find decorations
- Get ready for jolly fat man’s visit
- Stock up on soups and “comfort” food
- Restock booze for “hot totties”
- Think Positive – “winter is fun, winter is fun, winter is fun…”
- Practice smile, and “Merry Christmas” greeting
- Practice alternative “Happy Holidays” greeting
……… my God, this could be endless….
- Smile at rude people who push past you to get the last Toblerone bar/turkey/funny card/thoughtful gift/bag of salt
- Plan house parties and hot chocolate get togethers
- Make plans for New Year’s Eve
- Be thankful you won’t have to clean when people don’t show up for house parties and hot chocolate get togethers… or you forget to invite them
Well, I wish everyone a great weekend. And, no, the second photo isn’t of Dexter’s fur flying through the air after a good shake (something he does 20 times a day). Although it looks very similar, it’s actually snow.
To those in the white regions of the world, slow down a little and drive safe. It’s a completely different road now.